Thursday, September 19, 2013

Blog#11 bigger picture

Living in america as an observant Jew you really never get to feel that you are part of a something big. You actually always feel like you are the minority. That's because we really are... I know i felt like that living in.. yes ny. However living in Israel for about a month now and being around lots of Israelis all the time now... I am starting to notice how everyone is celebrating the same holidays as I. I am starting to realize that I am no longer a minority. That I am a part of something a lot bigger rather than just being another randomite.. And I am not just referring to the religious people living in my hood ...obviously I'm specifically referring to the secular Israel's. Going to the mall, going to the beach, shopping in all types of stores ie linens, kitchen ware, going to the grocery store, getting manicure  eating in diff restaurants,  getting gas, yes the kotel etc... you see all different types of Israelis and when they wish you a Shana Tova or chag sameach you start to realize .. hey this is strange I'm part of these people. I belong to them and they belong with me. I may not literally understand them :-) but I am starting to understand that I am part of them and that theres a bigger picture here. There's a country ( six million ..i think)full of people that share the same religion / customs as me. You may not think that's wild but what really blows me away is that these people not only share my religion but they literally put there life on the line to protect me and everyone else living in this country. So the next time I/you feel that.. hey we are just another dot in this world think of all the people living in this country there's plenty of them just like you. To be in line with the holiday we are in ...I bring to the light that us Jews consists of many different types ...just like the arba minim. Enjoy your chag and know you are not the minority.... at least not in the Holy Land!

No comments:

Post a Comment