Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Blog #7 oleh chadasha

I realize my blog title is pre aliyah...its been two days since my arrival to Israel. I am now considered an oleh chadasha translated as New citizen. The plane ride was extremely awesome. I can say it was a little emotional as there is nothing like over 130 new cadets entering into the Israeli army singing am yisrael Chai. Dovid melech. Shavu vonim as our plane touched down. It made me really think that although this is my husband's dream I should have also wanted to join him in desiring to reside in Israel.  The ceremony en route to Ben gurion airport was very satisfying. I thought about many ideas. Such as do any other countries makes such a big to deal when citizens return to their own countries. Ie Italians to Italy? Russians to Russia? I have never seen or read about that....
The prophecy about the in gathering of the Jews back to israel is surely being played out. I felt that loud and clear when I looked at the people on the flight... Allot of them were not religious. What was it that made them want to return? After all America is America!! Why leave it..... there's so many more luxuries there. They have to be outright crazy to want to leave that all behind and more. Nefesh bnefesh also mentioned we were the 50th flight since 2002, and since then 35,000 Jews have returned to Israel.

After walking across the front of the terminal with the mob of yfamily members and soldiers cheering for us I felt a sense of pride. I did give up allot to come and I should feel pride in this tremendous change. I realized that This is our land if i/we don't acquire it who will. God gave it to the jews. He gave it to abraham. God told him to leave his father's home his birthplace;The land that he is familiar. And follow god to a place which He will show him. Eretz canan. Follow god blindly.... I am now also  fulfilling this age old commandment. I am now a citizen of Israel. And I also feel like I'm following god blindly. However I do realize that this was a choice and I now will also choose to try and make it work.

1 comment:

  1. beautiful Eli- welcome home!!!whenever you wanna get together I am available- also if you need help finding any oragnizations in J-m Misrad haklita, hapnim etc...and want someone to come with you I am here. :)would love to help out in anyway. Brucah Habaah!

    ReplyDelete