Thursday, August 29, 2013

Blog#9 G-ds winks

When things go as planned or without any issues....Do you stop and think oh that was helpful, and then carry on with your day?/life. So I admit yes that was me for the past number of years. But now  as I 'm trying to Adjust to "life" here I am trying to see  and use the borrowed phrase (from my hubby) g-ds winking at me. Explanation right????

As I am "absorbing" to life here things are really frustrating. Obviously not knowing the language is the number one issue. So any of the day to day tasks where you need to talk really become a HUGE hassle. Such as going to the bank. Of course this should be fairly easy. Who goes to tellers any more? You just use the atms. OK so let's say you didn't get your debit cards yet.....

So that was the mission which wasn't supposed to be too difficult because we had an English representative. Our luck our local bank was closed and it was Sunday!!! So next challenge go to any other local branch "speak " to the teller and take out cash. Ok next stop another local branch.... Follow waze our new Israeli navigator. ....Don't you love it when you rely on technology and it totally craps out on you@#%& . So we arrive at or destination... A traffic circle????!!! OK don't ask anyone just yet  we will find it. OK. Ask someone now ...because we just drove up and down the same street 5 times!!! Ok ask someone else because that person must have lied or had no clue. Ok never mind asking anyone just park the car and walk. Ok place is found ...phew. Next challenge talk to a teller. Oh first get reprimanded by someone who obviously waited a long time and wants you to be just as stressed as she is to take a ticket. Ok we take the stinking ticket and then out of nowhere comes the wink from g-d. I noticed the teller. Its my sisters nephew from her husband side... A fellow Canadian.  Yeah I remembered vaguely some one in my family mentioned he worked at a bank.  Good luck? or g-ds wink? Our number is called we ask for the specific teller. The challenge of not knowing Hebrew is now eliminated. Thank you g-d for your wink and  the challenges that come only for what I  can handle....
One more story to share on g-ds wink. So we finally got our debit cards from our branch and with signing up with that bank they gave out a pocket size dictionary. You know the ones you had for school. So post that errand came the grocery shopping. Local store in rbs Thursday night... Looks just like Rockland or Wesley kosher. Crowded and long lines. No worries everyone in rbs speaks English. To the spices section we go as I'm dropping different spices into my buggy my son starts opening the chocolate milk box drinks. While trying to ignore the situation of him begging to have one and then letting him have one and him saying we didn't pay yet I start to tune him out and figure out which one might be the basil. OK so my motto is try not to speak.... as my son continues to beg for my attention I notice the dictionary in the cart. Great I'll look up basil. that must have been a classic site..I wish I could have been an outsider seeing that. LOOSER!!!!..right??? The next best thing happens... a teenager girl says in her brokenish english you need help looking for something. G-ds little wink. I'm hoping to continue to see them and of course to thank g-d for them....by winking back.

No comments:

Post a Comment