Monday, August 19, 2013

Blog#8 whose your hero

I know that hero's are usually people who sacrifice their lives for a higher cause. Like 911 firefighters. Although many times I am mistaken and believe hero's are the ones who score the winning goal in the dying minutes of a playoff hockey game. Or who hit a home run in the bottom of the ninth to win the world series. However today my real hero was my son. He, although not really given the choice,walked into a class where knowing the teachers only speak Hebrew, and knowing he was not going with any friends went into his classroom with confidence and without a tear. Simply no fear! (I am hoping that stays)Truthfully he is a kid, and some kids are just better at adapting to diff situations than others. My kid is usually more set in his ways and change of order or schedule usually does not go well with him. So today I was amazed at his disposition in this situation. No struggle, no fight, no debates. Just straight up confidence! I am wondering if that came, literally with the territory?  Does living here... in this great country change who we are?  Does this land impact our personalities and we don't realize it. I know it's a 1000000 times easier to remain religious here, (because everyone is doing the same thing) but by living here does our personalities inherently change, do we re prioritize our priorities? Was there an ingredient that g.d put in this land that if we live in his land we become a different person than  we would be by living somewhere else.....only time will tell!
For now ...There are many heroes this great country has had and we can all think of so many but what I think is the common trait amongst them is the lack of fear to do what's right. My son has taught me that today. I hope that in the right situations I too will not be afraid of this land and what it has to offer me. It is different, it is foreign, it is scary but if i want to be hero i must also be fearless.

No comments:

Post a Comment